Friday, January 23, 2009

Waiting...

I'm sitting here waiting on the mailman. I can look thru the kitchen window to see when he's coming...and he's not here. He parks at the end of the cul-de-sac, and even though my house is closest to where he parks...I'm always last.

So I wait.

Why am I waiting? Today my husband gets a paycheck! And it's been 2 weeks since I've been grocery shopping. I'm not complaining, really I'm not...but we need food! LOL I'm glad the last paycheck, the money we had set aside and my unemployment covered our bills, but that's all it did...there was no extra. The song "I've got so much to thank Him for" keeps running through my head. When we sat down and did the bills 2 weeks ago and saw that we could pay the bills but had no extra money I cried. Why? I dont know. I knew we were ok...I had plenty of groceries bought up. I think just knowing that I couldnt run to the store if I needed something else was bothering me. We didnt need anything....and I knew God WOULD and did take care of us. I've just gotten spoiled.

Knowing that this is how it is gonna be for us very soon was hard to think about. I know God is always there. But saying you trust Him and then having to is two totally different things. It's easy to "trust" Him when there is money in the bank and food on the table, cars have gas in them and the bills are paid. But take away one of those. Try to, "just get by" Then see how much you trust Him. Do you try to fix it on your own? Do you go running home to Mommy and Daddy to borrow money? Or do you put it on a credit card?

Alex gets laid off after next Saturday...and I know we'll survive. Right now he's thinking he'd like to go back to school if they offer it. B/c really..who is hiring???

Keep us in your prayers. We KNOW He'll see us through...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I understand.. I had to quit my job to take care of Ally and now Jon's company is closing down in two months. And.. who IS hiring? We are trusting and knowing God will provide but it still can be stressful.. but He's got it all in control, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very right....I know I should be glad we had the warning. :) I think Alex is plannin on going back to school. At least since I was already laid off we'll get a little bit of income...and we're on WIC, and it's income tax time! :)

    ReplyDelete